Thursday, June 23, 2022

Elizabeth said I could drop you a line

I know that Elizabeth Warren is grateful for all the ways you've fought by her side — and she said I could drop you a line and talk about our plans to fight for working families together in the Senate.
Warren Democrats

Danielle,

It's John Fetterman, Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania + Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate. 😁

I know that Elizabeth Warren is grateful for all the ways you've fought by her side — and she said I could drop you a line and talk about our plans to fight for working families together in the Senate.

I'm gonna talk about growing up in PA, but first, I have to ask: Can you split $15 between me and Elizabeth Warren so we can fight side by side in the Senate for working families? I'm *so* grateful for your support (even if you think Wawa > Sheetz).

Ok, now onto the good stuff.

I was born in Reading, Pennsylvania when my parents were just two teenagers starting out on their own. I love my parents, even if my wife Gisele is their favorite. 🙄

We started out struggling. My dad was a union grocery worker at ShopRite, working night shifts. The union way of life helped keep our family together while he went to college. Dad ended up graduating, and got a good job as an underwriter.

After we moved, I grew up in suburban south central Pennsylvania. I graduated from Central York High School and went to college in Reading, just like my dad did.

When I left Pennsylvania for grad school, I *never* envisioned myself ending up in public service — not as Mayor of Braddock for 15 years, and certainly not as Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania.

Also I, uh, looked like this at the time. 👇

Young John Fetterman

But I came back to Pennsylvania because that's where my heart is. And alongside my amazing wife, Gisele, I have dedicated my life to improving our Commonwealth.

When Pennsylvania lawmakers pushed outdated, discriminatory policies banning marriage equality, I officiated one of the first gay marriages in Pennsylvania. 🌈

When Braddock was overlooked and counted out, we created jobs and got young people engaged. We created a community center, urban gardens, and a free store run by Gisele. ✊

And when the Pennsylvania GOP sent their flag police to take down my Legal Weed + Pride flags, I put them back up. I'm just gonna keep doing that. ✅

John Fetterman speaking at a campaign event

If that's the kind of never-give-up attitude you want to see in the U.S. Senate, can you chip in $10 for me and Warren Democrats today? To be successful, we're gonna need to build a huge campaign across all 67 counties in Pennsylvania. And Warren Democrats is dreaming big + fighting hard to elect terrific candidates up and down the ballot.

If you've saved payment info with ActBlue Express, your donation will process automatically:
>

You may like Wawa more than Sheetz (or maybe even Dunkin), but help send me to the U.S. Senate, and I'll fight my heart out for you, just like I've been fighting for PA my whole life. 🥰

Thanks,

John
John Fetterman, Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania

P.S. Some people have accused me of using my dogs, Artie + Levi, as a cheap fundraising stunt. I don't know what they're talking about, Danielle. All I can do is humbly ask for your support to send me to Washington. Who knows, maybe Artie, Levi, + Bailey can come too. 😍

John Fetterman and his dogs, Artie and Levi

DONATE
fb tw ig yt

Paid for by Warren Democrats

All content © 2022 Warren Democrats, All Rights Reserved
PO Box 171375, Boston, MA 02117
This email was sent to danielle.davenport.blog@blogger.com
We'll miss you, but you can always unsubscribe.

No comments: