Friday, November 13, 2020

Your horoscope for Saturday night's New Moon in Scorpio

View this email in your browser

Horoscopes for the New Moon in Scorpio
 

On November 14th, at 9:07pm PT, the New Moon in Scorpio arrives. Bringing with it a new start and a depth of feeling, Scorpio is a sign that is willing to trade security for truth, and swap insincerity for honesty. Scorpio is interested in power: who wields it, who wants it, and what we do with ours. This New Moon is, in and of itself, in a good position in the sky but, ruled by Mars, its outcomes circle back to the red planet's about-face. Unearthing is Scorpio's job. As Mars stations direct during this New Moon, much in our lives and world will also turn a corner, exposing exactly what we are ready to witness. 

New Moons are already a little brutal, as it's their nature to encourage removal. They strip away the extraneous and test our faith; if we get rid of the trash, will good things really fill up the void that is left behind? In Scorpio, feelings of desolation and depletion can be especially prominent as the Moon wants an abundance of comfort, but Scorpio just wants to get to the core of the feeling. 

The New Moon sextiles Jupiter and Pluto, giving it an infusion of optimism and access to resources usually hidden from view. One of the most serious setups of the year, Jupiter and Pluto made their last conjunction in Capricorn on November 12th. Together, Jupiter and Pluto unearth our philosophies and belief systems, exaggerating their benefits, flaws, and faults. 

It's been a big week. 

This New Moon happens at a pivotal time. One that sees lawless patriarchs haunting the hallways of justice, news cycles, and airwaves, seeking all pathways to kidnap math, science, democracy, and logic. This is the worst of Mars. We must meet it with the best: a bold and unwavering dedication to lead with our values front and center, and our hearts and minds unwavering in their determination to manifest justice. 

Take good care, darlings.

Venus in Libra squares Pluto and Jupiter in Capricorn on November 15th. The part of our chart that contains Libra has been thoroughly worked as of late. Today's astrology asks us to deepen our relationship to the philosophies that guide and govern our relationships. Exposing the undercurrents of our connections, today's astrology also exhumes feelings long-forgotten. Give yourself a minute to process them if need be, take note of what you take personally, and take seriously any needs you know aren't being met. 

Mercury in Scorpio opposes Uranus in Taurus for the 3rd and last time on November 17th. Today's astrology is bound to kick up some unexpected intel. Far from status quo, humdrum, or dependable, the events that coincide with this astrology will be loud and unwilling to wallflower. Connected to what happened on October 7th and 19th, this is a wrap up of what began just before and just after Mercury stationed retrograde. By November 19th, Mercury will be free and clear of its post retrograde shadow. Onward. 

The Sun in Scorpio sextiles Saturn in Capricorn on November 18th. Helpful astrology like this reminds us to celebrate the little wins, secure small successes, and steady ourselves when and where we can. 

Venus in Libra squares Saturn in Capricorn on November 19th. With a little less pleasure, and a lot more work, today's astrology is akin to waking up and thinking it's Saturday and then realizing that it's only Thursday. It's fine, but it's rude. It's also akin to wanting a big hug from your bestie but only having access to them over zoom. Boundaries are helpful when they keep out energy vampires, but a real bummer when they keep sweetness at bay. Revel in little pleasures and don't overschedule yourself; today's work can't be put off. 

Venus enters Scorpio and the Sun enters Sagittarius on November 21st. In Scorpio, Venus takes us through caverns of feelings and draws awareness to some interesting pleasures. Complex palates will delight. 

As the Sun begins its journey into the wide open spaces of Sagittarius Season, we edge ever closer to Eclipse Season. November 30th brings us the first of 2 eclipses. A lunar eclipse in Gemini will be information overload and will bring a flurry of data to sort through — not all of it reliable. Silence is golden here and unnecessary gossip disastrous. 

Eclipse season always leads us through the shadow lands, both personally and collectively. If you know you need to detoxify or refrain from what is fun in small doses but toxic in large quantities, November 28th - December 15th is a good time frame to do so. 

Mercury in Scorpio sextiles Jupiter in Capricorn on November 23rd. The bigger the idea, the more it will grab your attention. Conversations run wild and take you to places that help you gain perspective and an appreciation for possibility. 

Mercury sextiles Pluto and Venus opposes Uranus on November 27th. Today's astrology makes rabbit holes of discovery unavoidable and unconventional ways of connecting the order of the day. There might be a little turbulence in your unions, or distance when you need connection. Reinventing the relationship wheel is par for this course.

Neptune stations direct on November 28th. Not wildly defining astrology, Neptune makes its annual station direct, pulling focus on the healing power of our dreams, creative endeavors, and connections. Get high on life. 

Eclipse season is up next. The lunar eclipse in Gemini occurs on November 30th, at 1:30am PT. If you want to know more about how the New Moon in Scorpio and the Lunar Eclipse in Gemini will impact you, I have readings, rituals, and guided meditations for your sign. 

Your New Moon horoscopes are written affirmation style and are meant to be read as inspiration. If you know both your rising sign and sun sign, please read both horoscopes. Take what works for you, leave the rest. If you want to share this work you must quote it and link it to this website. Thank you for your support and for spreading the work around. We really appreciate it and you.
 

Aries & Aries Rising

Output is alluring, energizing, and essential. Until a certain point. Recuperation requires vulnerability, receptivity, and some stillness. It reveals my discomfort, but it's the only way to truly know myself. If I want to win, I need to balance both life's inhales and its exhales. If I want to flourish, I need to be willing to participate in this exchange. If I want to understand the potential of my life, I need to disarm my defensiveness as much as I need to cultivate firm boundaries. 

With this New Moon, I remember that being attuned to tenderness means being aligned with the energy of transformation. No change can come if I don't risk getting out of my comfort zones. No renewal can occur if I am unwilling to experience some vulnerability. My strength lies in my ability to remove what keeps me from my softness. 

With this New Moon, I remember to renew my commitment to caring for my collaborations and honoring the exchanges that help me build a home for my talents. I call to me the people who can not only help me get the job done, but who know how to do so with a deep dedication to what we are building together, and to all those that might benefit from it now, and far into the future. 

For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Taurus & Taurus Rising

I let my relationships reset. If I want connections that have depth, I need to be able to honestly appraise their well-being, let some things rest, and allow other things to rise to the surface. My ability to receive love is matched by my ability to excavate the fears I have when it comes to intimacy. I know that as much as I want connection and partnership, I was taught to hide. Everytime I shove my feelings under the rug I resist being known. 
The world doles out the idea that I have to be something else in order to be loved; deconstructing this paradigm is my work and my meditation. Relationships that have longevity center a care that is vigorous, a respect that is age-resistant, and boundaries that are bodacious. When either side is unwilling to look under the surface, root systems suffer. 
With this New Moon, I recommit to the partnerships that keep me honest. I invest my energy into the unions that know how to value the care I want to invest. There is nothing I need to add to myself in order to be more worthy of kindness than I already am — there is only the undoing of all that gets in the way of it.   

For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Gemini & Gemini Rising

With this New Moon, I let my body rest, reset, and review the lessons it's been trying to teach me. While my mind is a treacherous theme park and an alluring playground of possibilities, far too often I get so caught up in its theatrics that I forget the wisdom that moves through my body, dismissing the signals that my physical self sends me. My mind can protest when I take this time out but I know that what makes me unique is not only the way that I think, it's also what's buried deep in my bones. My talent is here. My knowledge is here. My lineage is here. Wild and ready to be rediscovered. 
I let what is untamed onto my internal board of directors, I listen to the messages that are disruptive but honest, and I pay attention to the creative impulses that are wild but worth a try. 
As my group projects turn a corner, my friendships go through a healing fire, and my hopes and dreams for the future feel a little more real than they have as of late, I am reminded of the power of timing. I may have wanted to push things forward, or rush through a process over the past few months, but as always, I am reminded that I am not in charge, just in cahoots with a power greater than me. 

For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Cancer & Cancer Rising

If I want to do the work well, I need mentors to guide me and elders to learn from. I am not supposed to know how to do what I was never taught. Cultures of supremacy try to trick me into thinking that I should, into staying in my place, cowering in fear of looking like a fool, mistaking a learning curve for a personal failure. I counter all of that with a willingness to discover new things and a leadership style that seeks to share knowledge as much as it does a job well done. I take pride in the ways in which I am unlearning dominance and relearning to be curious about life and how it shows up. 

Whatever I win, I share.  

With this New Moon, I remember that creativity is cyclical. Output isn't always guaranteed, a good idea, or required. A key component of the creative process is in the act of reception. The download. The active listening. I am not in control of my creativity, I am in partnership with it. 

With this New Moon, I replenish my wells, revive my systems, and feed my muses. I trust that my wildness can conquer any conformity that I have internalized. It just needs space, time, and for me to take its benefits seriously.

For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Leo & Leo Rising

There is no substitute for the wild spaces within which I flourish. No amount of careful curation can ever be as good a home to me as my natural habitat — with this New Moon, I remember what that is. I refuse to try to tame what needs to be feral or to dry out what needs to drip. I do not fit into prefab surroundings. I reclaim my energy from the paths that were set out for me so that I can see what route forward is calling me. 

As my long-term plans turn a corner, I get more clarity about where I want to go and what it might take to get there.

I am conscious of the difference between what I come with and what I still need to learn, what I have inherited and what I have to discover on my own. I am the bridge between my past and my potential and I bring the spirit of all those that got me here with me. I am learning to return to the places that recognize my worth while pushing the boundaries and breaking the glass ceilings set up to keep me in place.

 For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Virgo & Virgo Rising

With this New Moon, I remember that renewal is an everyday occurrence; I set my schedules to my inner clock, I set the tone for my days by welcoming in the spirits of gratitude and generosity, I break bread with the priestesses of pleasures, and I lie down with those that adore the wild within me. I am not interested in taming my tastes or trying to contort myself into something acceptable — especially to gods I don't even acknowledge. 

As my collaborations come to a critical stage of their growth, I realize just how far I've come in the cooperation process. I've had to learn how to lead while being in partnership, to receive as well as to give, and to understand that I don't help anyone if I evade being clear, direct, or determined to give everything I've got. With this New Moon, I remember that communication is key to getting the result that I want. I may have to upset a few systems that would rather I play by the rules, but I am willing to ruffle the necessary feathers. 

 For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Libra & Libra Rising

With this New Moon, I remember that although my learning curves within relationships are hard to handle, they just make me human. I'm not special for having intimacy issues. I'm not unusual for coming up against the complications of having a heart and sharing it. I am not abnormal in my desire to want to shut out the painful parts of my exchanges and only have the pleasures present. 

Sorting through the sediment that gets stirred up in partnerships takes time. As my relationships turn an important corner, so too do I in terms of understanding what I want, need, and actually ask for. I can't hide from my contribution to the chaos, and I can't absorb what others aren't ready to claim as their own. I have to carefully, constructively parse through the dynamics, details, and decisions that I've made. My greatest resource is my ability to work through hard things with those I am committed to. 

With this New Moon, I am reminded that when I risk being known, I come to better know myself, my talents, and what to do with them. When I want to have everything figured out before I try something new, I know that I am stalling. Part of getting it right is being willing to get it really wrong.

 For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Scorpio & Scorpio Rising

When I look back at my life, no version of me is discounted. It took me every iteration, every proclamation, every style I tried on to get me here. I have folded myself up, forgotten who I was, and rejected the very things that make me who I am. I have survived what I thought would take me under and thrived when others discounted me. I have reclaimed myself from the clutches of contempt — the world's and my own. This process of recovery has taught me that my power lies in my willingness to renew. Just like nature does, I appreciate all my phases. 

I am wild and unwilling to forget it. 

I grow outside the lines. Cracking concrete and bewildering the laws that didn't account for me, I don't ask for permission. I give it.  

With this New Moon, I know that the seeds I am planting already contain their blueprints. I don't have to tell these acorns to grow into oak trees, I just have to give them a place to take root. I don't have to force the unfolding of my life, I just have to learn to trust it, and prepare space for the next iteration of it. I don't have to find love, I just have to let it surface and refuse to let anything obscure it. 

With this New Moon, I welcome any helpful hints from my psyche, guides, and good friends about how to support my unfolding, get out of my own way, and celebrate any unexpected wins. 

For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Sagittarius & Sagittarius Rising

Healing chooses me when it's good and ready. I can't force it to happen. I can't think my way out of having to do its work. I can't outsmart its timing. I can only learn to appreciate its wisdom, tempo, and tenor.

With this New Moon, I take trusting my process to a new level. I came here for a reason that is bigger than my understanding. I am a manifestation of the great creative force that moves through all things and, as such, I am part of its unfolding. It's not my job to doubt this divine order, but it is my job to get wise to its ways. 

As I heal, my world has a chance to repair. As I make my suffering conscious, less is passed on to others. As I come to understand what was personal, what was systemic, and what was familial, I get closer to the truth; I am more than what hurts, but I am not above being taught by the process of pain relief. When pleasure feels more like a buried treasure than an accessible reality, I rest until my spirit is replenished and my humor returns. As my creative projects turn an important corner, so too does my energy. Renewal is promised when rest and rejuvenating practices are prioritized. 

For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Capricorn & Capricorn Rising

Nothing says self-love like a well-timed 'no thank you'. I work with this New Moon to remember the beauty of my boundaries and the sweetness of my self-respect. No matter what, I am committed to making a home where love can roam free and my wildness has a place to rest. 

With this New Moon, I remember to make a home out of the safety nets that my friendships offer. I invest in the power of mutual aid. No matter the news cycles, I source strength from my networks and exchanges. I know the resources that I have are far more valuable when shared. I know that I am only as secure as I am generous, and only as wanting as I am withholding. I know that everytime I heal something from my past, I open up the floodgates of my future. 

When tough career choices come around, challenging personalities pop-up, and difficult decisions have to be made, I can count on my allies to help me through. Forgetting that I am not in this life alone is easier than reaching out when I am struggling. To interrupt individualism from setting in, I practice the fine art of telling the truth and asking for help when I need it. 

For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Aquarius & Aquarius Rising

I know that getting ahead isn't the same as growing. I know that greed is the antithesis of unfolding. I know that I can't covet what keeps me sheltered from life and discover what the world has to offer at the same time. 

Something's got to give.

I sacrifice my preciousness to the goddesses of change and ask to be liberated from what keeps me asleep to my power. My creativity crashes when I spend all my energy arranging everything in a way that suits me. With this New Moon, I examine the difference between actual threats to my safety and assumed threats to my ego. Learning in public isn't easy, but it's powerful to remain consistently reverent to the teachings that find me, while offering my cheek when things are taken too seriously. 

Humor is a liferaft in the seas of self-importance. 

With this New Moon, I commit my energy to the professional projects that help me challenge myself in the best of ways. I power wash what has become emotionally calcified. I exfoliate my old fears in exchange for the power of softness.

For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Pisces & Pisces Rising

Spiritual exfoliation is an ongoing practice. Energetic decluttering from the day is a necessary beauty routine. Undressing my ego helps me remember my purpose; being of service is my only hope at happiness, joy, and fulfillment. 

With this New Moon, I remember that exploration takes courage and rejuvenates my worldview. The world is drowning in cynicism but I don't need to go down with it. I don't look to outdated institutions for inspiration. When I am in need of psychological renewal I study the cycles of nature. When I loosen my grip and focus on finding ways to work with how life is showing up, I find its sources of power — which are also my own. When burnout becomes a way of life, I shake myself loose of the notion that I should accept it as normal.

I want more for myself.  

As airtime across so many platforms goes to the loudest, to the armies of egos and ridiculous clowns, I reclaim my energy from the circus. I redirect my attention towards the practices that help me excavate my agency and remind me of my capacity for taking courageous, caring action. My greatest resource is my ability to stay centered in my values no matter what the world is up to. My contribution is sometimes best given quietly, meditatively, and with a depth of dedication to my personal and our collective healing.

For a detailed reading for your sign for this New Moon in Scorpio, please join me for A Workshop for the New Moon in Scorpio, Lunar Eclipse in Gemini, and the Astrology of Nov 14 - Dec 13.

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Website
Email
Copyright © 2020 Chani Nicholas, All rights reserved.

unsubscribe from this list or update your preferences
 

No comments: