Danielle, Here's something I've learned in my career: You don't build lasting change with one big speech, one big check, or one big election. You build it with people who keep showing up day after day, even when the fight is hard, because they believe that better is possible. You build it with people like you, Danielle. And I get to see it every day. I see it in the volunteers who knock on doors and make phone calls. The people who share our work with their friends and family. The supporters who chip in $3, $30, or $300 when they can. The people who have been with us since our very first Senate race in 2012, and the people who just recently got in the fight. There are a million different ways to show up. And every one of them matters. The way you show up matters, Danielle. I know it isn't always easy. Our opponents want you to believe that nothing can change. They want you to get cynical. They want you to get tired. They want you to look at the size of the challenges in front of us and decide there's no point in trying. But you keep showing up anyway. With rugged determination and clear-eyed optimism. Belief that we can change the status quo. And that's what gives me hope. With the midterms just weeks away, we're going to need every bit of that determination. I’m asking you to commit to doing what you can, when you can. Knock on doors, make calls, text your group chats about their plans to vote, share content on social media, chip in to campaigns you’re passionate about. Because we not only have determination, we have a vision: A government that actually looks out for its people instead of corporations. An economy that gives everyone a fair chance. Ending the corruption and the billionaire influence that has plagued our politics. This is all within our reach, Danielle. And we will get it done because people like you refuse to stop showing up. So this email doesn't have an ask in it. No donate button. No deadline. Just this: Thank you, Danielle. I'm deeply grateful for you. I'm honored to be fighting this righteous fight with you. Thanks for being a part of this, Elizabeth P.S. Bailey wanted to be sure you knew he was grateful too. 
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment